Decorating Your Home “On Trend” for the Holidays
If you haven’t realized already, you may be in a panic when you realize we only have 3 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year! Plus, the short timeline also makes you question whether or not it’s smarter to pick décor that will last beyond December! The answer is “yes” and we are here to help with some great on-trend super easy decorating ideas for the holidays that will last throughout the Winter season!
The biggest trend this year is the neutral palette. Traditionally, red and green as you know, have dominated the décor during the season, but this year, neutrals, woodsy texture and “easy” to set up and take down décor is in! Here are a few great ideas that will keep you on trend and are super easy to put together…and they’re all available right at Colony Place.
According to the home décor experts at Setting the Space and Pier 1, here are a few trendy tips:
1. Flocked textures – if you buy a flocked tree (flocking looks like fake snow) or flock it yourself, you can add in just a few ornaments and it looks like an amazing professional decorated it without much effort at all.
2. Felted ornaments are “kitty” and “kiddy” safe and really on trend right now. Really fun felted ornaments can help make your tree and your mantle festive without the breakage factor.
3. Lazer cut wood ornaments are a marriage of an old art form and new technology to give you less breakable ornament options with stunning detail.
4. Wood trees, greenery and a few ornaments in a basket can make a very easy and affordable yet trendy centerpiece or entry way “welcome”.
5. Decorating with greens, even as a “placemat” underneath your dishes keeps it natural. Speaking of plates, using neutral winter scenes as opposed to Christmas plates is also on trend.
6. Greens, golds and silver abound – in every aspect of home décor.
7. Use battery operated Glo wires inside a lantern to add a “glo” look without the danger of candles.
8. You can also use LED candles that light up even with a remote if you choose.
9. Using “pick sticks” for tree décor makes decorating (and undecorating) your tree super easy! Just insert the pre-decorated “pic” into the tree and you have an instant decoration!
Enjoy the holidays and make them last all winter with these great décor tips from Colony Place!