Fall Fashion – Keeping It Real
We call it “Keeping It Real” because these are not what you wear “on a NY runway” or find in a designer magazine, but rather great fashions that you can find and afford right here at Colony Place!
So here’s the skinny –
- “Bold” or “cold” shoulders (shoulders are showing with an opening in the sleeve near the shoulder)
- Ponchos, capes and shawls – Oh My!- What’s different this year with the poncho? “Belt It” – show off your waist (or at least not look frumpy) with a basic wide belt available at all the apparel and accessories stores at Colony Place. Make sure you have your basic “long” white “no iron” shirt to go underneath…that’s called a “no brainer” way to look fashionable without thinking since it goes with everything.
- Ponte material – this gorgeous stretchy material “holds you in” but let’s you move and can be transformed from running errands, to the office to a night on the town. Classy but comfy and washes like a dream is what Pointe is about. Lots of ponte at Loft, Chico’s, Talbots and J.Jill in many colors. Make sure you get your basic black but new this Fall – spice it up with color too!
- Denim is back – especially with a touch of stretch in the jeans; denim jackets are also in again
- Travelers clothes are a great way to plan your trip without wasting time with the iron. You can roll them up in a ball and they come out wrinkle-free. Even dresses are an option with the Travelers collections. There are also “No iron” options that you can’t curl up in a ball in your suitcase, but you can “wash and wear” wrinkle-free when it comes out of the dryer. It keeps its shape and its seams too! Check them out not only at Chico’s but for men as well at Men’s Wearhouse and Jos. A Bank.
- Florals, faux fur, ruffles and bell sleeves are all part of the mix when you’re “going for gor-geous”. You’ll find them everywhere at Colony Place.
- Active leisure wear such as Lou and Grey at Loft – make going to the gym or to a meeting at school a breeze so you can be comfy without looking frumpy. Yoga pants are in but not just for yoga. Find them at Chico’s in their Zynergy line. J.Jill calls theirs the “Wearever” collection.
- Another comfy option found everywhere is the jegging or denim with stretch. Different this year…more color options for “bottoms”. Talbots has a great selection.
- The “deconstructed boyfriend jean” is still in! Rips and patches are on display at Chico’s.
- Feeling like a lounge day watching the game? Old Navy has Patriots attire!