Fall Trend Report
Usually about this time of year we start to bundle up and get ready for the chill of Fall. But this year, we have been blessed with beautiful sunny warmer days… so we waited on this post to make sure you are truly ready to stock up your wardrobe with Fall finds!
What’s in this Fall? We always try to “keep it real”, so let’s say “What’s in that we can actually wear around here on the South Shore?” Here’s the skinny…
• Statement booties – wear them with jeans or a dress – one pair fits all. You’ll find them at shoe stores, of course, but clothing stores too.
• 70’s vibe – ribbed, sleek knits, colored striped, wrap dresses and a touch of shearling
• Corduroy – You’ll find it just about everywhere. A nice pair of corduroy pants or a skirt with tights and booties – work or play!
• Sporty chic – who doesn’t want to be comfy all day? But going out in just your yoga pants and a t-shirt is a stretch for some. So sporty chic is your answer – add a moto jacket and heels to a cool track pant and you’ve got the best of both worlds. Or, check out several retailers’ private lines of sporty chic – just about every store has their own line.
• Slogan tees – still inspirational
• Something red – from burgundy to candy apple – get your red on!
• Cropped frayed jeans – DIY if you feel inspired – 1-2” above the ankle
• Leather everywhere! (faux is fine)
• Camoflauge – add a black jacket over it and you’re a bit more subtle
• Velvet – yes – it’s back – we don’t see a lot down here, but it’s back if you want it
• Florals in less delicate colors
• Embellished shoes, jeans, jackets and more – look for embroidery on everything.